As part of our annual Spring Studio Showcase, we are excited to open the submission process for Student Choreographers in all styles of dance who want to showcase their work on stage. The Showcase will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2019 at the Hillman Center for Performing Arts in Fox Chapel.
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2019 – LINK TO SUBMIT COMING SOON!
Age Requirement: Choreographers must be at least 14 years old; dancers cast in pieces can be any age
- Video of choreography — Pieces can be no longer than 4 minutes long
- Final cut of music in MP3 format — All music must be clean and cannot contain profanity
- Costume description or photo of costumes
- Cast list
Requirements to participate/perform:
- Choreographer and dancers must be available for tech rehearsals at the theater on Friday, May 10th and Saturday, May, 11th. Specific schedule and call times will be provided closer to the date of the show.
- Each piece must sell at least 10 tickets to the showcase.
- $65 Performance Fee per piece
Choreographers are responsible for setting the choreography, staging, costuming and coordinating rehearsals. Rehearsal space will be available at Millennium Dance Complex PGH on Fridays and Saturdays from March 8th to April 27th at a discounted rental rate. Choreographers will work with the production team on lighting design during tech rehearsals in May.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org!