Our MDCKIDS program provides recreational dance classes for younger students, ages 2-12, who are looking to develop a foundation in dance and have a blast! Our MDCKIDS classes focus on helping our younger dancers develop proper technique, coordination, rhythm, and musicality in various styles of dance. Dancers enrolled during the school year (September through May) will also learn choreography that will be performed in an end-of-the-year studio showcase. There is no showcase for our Summer Session.
- Positive atmosphere that fosters personal growth among our students
- Opportunities for students to develop skills in a team setting
- Manageable time commitment
- Affordable tuition and costume fees
- Highly skilled staff and instructors to make the year both educational and enjoyable
Summer Session Class Schedule
For our 2019 Summer Session, we will be offering the following classes on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from July 2 – July 30:
- Kids’ Hip Hop (ages 5-7) – Tuesdays from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Kids’ Hip Hop (ages 8 and up) – Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Creative Movement (ages 2-4) – Wednesdays from 5:00-5:30 p.m.
Payment for the Summer Session is due prior to the first class and the rates are as follows:
- 5-Week Kids’ Hip Hop – $60.00
- 5-Week Creative Movement – $45.00
To register for the Summer Session, click the link below, then select July 2 as the date in the white box at the top of the page. You can choose the class you would like to enroll in from that page. Payment is due at time of registration and refunds will not be granted for missed classes.
SIGN UP FOR SUMMER CLASSES HERE!
Program Dress Code
For MDCKIDS classes, we do follow a dress code to help ensure that all students are prepared for class each week. Required leotards, tights, shoes can be ordered through our convenient online Dress Code Store.
- For ballet, girls should wear a leotard and pink tights with ballet slippers. Hair should be pulled into a bun and away from the face. Boys should wear black gym shorts, a white t-shirt and black ballet slippers.
- For hip hop classes, students should wear comfortable clothing that allows them to move freely and clean, dry tennis shoes. Socks or bare feet are not permitted. Hair should be pulled away from the face.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE DRESS CODE STORE
Have some questions? Please call the studio at 412-315-7900 between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m., M-F, and a studio representative will be happy to help!