Want to be a part of an amazing team of people who love dance as much as you do? Want to take dance class… for FREE? The Millennium Pittsburgh Work-Study Program is for you!
Our Work-Study Program enables dancers of all abilities to immerse themselves in our classes and work alongside other passionate dancers while learning the ins and outs of managing a dance studio. Our work-studies commit to work one weekly shift at our front desk and gain access to a schedule of more than 30 classes at our studio.
This program is a great option for students seeking a professional dance career who need additional training opportunities as well as for students who simply want to remain involved in the dance community as they pursue a different career path. Regardless of your dance career goals, our work-studies will learn what it takes to run an efficient Front Desk, will develop interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and will enjoy numerous networking opportunities.
If that wasn’t enough, our work-studies also receive special promotions on master classes and workshops offered at MDCP and receive a discount on all Millennium PGH merchandise. Work-study students are also considered to work special events including trade shows, showcases, video shoots and more.
- Must be 18 years or older and enrolled as a part- or full-time undergrad or graduate student
- Must be friendly, reliable and willing to learn new things and work hard
- Must enjoy working with people in a team setting
- Must be comfortable “selling” the Millennium brand
- Must be available to work one 5-hour shift per week for the duration of the semester; we hire work-studies for the following semesters: Fall (Sept-Dec), Winter Break (Dec-Jan), Spring (Jan-May) and Summer (Jun-Aug); applicants may apply for multiple semesters at one time
- Must maintain a neat appearance
- No dance audition required; however, work-studies are required to take a minimum of 3 classes each week to maintain their position
- Participation in the program may apply toward required internship and/or field-study hours (depending on school’s requirements)