The Company at Millennium Pittsburgh is designed to provide training and performance opportunities to serious dancers who want to progress through various styles and levels of dance in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and discipline. The main focus of the Company program is quality training with consistent ballet and technique as the foundation. To enhance the training that our dancers receive, the Company participates in several performances and competitions throughout the year to help students develop stage presence, self-confidence and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Consistent training through required Company classes but flexibility to add to and enhance class schedule by attending the drop-in classes offered at MDCP
- Affordable tuition rates, costume and performance fees
- Participation in studio showcases, competitions, and local events
- Strong relationships with knowledgeable faculty and staff
- Discounts on certain workshops, master classes and events held at or through MDCP
- Priority scheduling for private lessons and choreography sessions
- Ability to train in an atmosphere that is supportive, nurturing and conducive to growth of all students
To Audition for the 2018-2019 Season:
- Complete and return the Company Application to the studio. Applications are available at the Front Desk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include or attach a current photo or head shot with your application.
- To be considered for the upcoming Company season, current Company dancers and interested students must attend a minimum of 10-15 classes at MDCP between June 4th and July 15th. Specific class evaluation requirements can be found on the Company Application.
- The following instructors are available to complete evaluations: Elisa Alaio, Kelsi Darby, Cameron Boyd, Alexis Bomer, Elise Gillum, and Hanna Rubin.
- The following classes count toward the requirement: Hip Hop, Contemporary, Jazz, Leaps and Turns, Contemporary Hip Hop, Ballet, and Lyrical. Stretching and Conditioning and Burlesque classes cannot be counted toward the requirement.
- If you are unable to complete the classes above, you may schedule the following private evaluations to meet the requirement: 1-hour ballet session, 1-hour jazz technique and combo session, and 1-hour hip hop session. This option should only be used if you absolutely cannot make the evaluation classes because private evaluation times are limited and we cannot guarantee instructor availability.
- Dancers who meet the class and evaluation requirements will be invited to attend a final placement evaluation in early August.
- For any student who may not be able to complete the required classes, please email email@example.com to schedule private evaluations.