Millennium Pittsburgh offers convenient online registration for all enrollment programs. To register for an enrollment program, you will need to be prepared to provide a valid credit card, which is required to process the annual Registration Fee. Once registration is complete, parents will have the ability to access their student’s account via our Parent Portal and can update billing information at any time. To complete your registration, please read through the following policies, then continue to the bottom of the page and click “Register Now”.
Please note that registration for the Fall/Spring 2018-19 session will be available at the end of June.
- A student’s place in class is not confirmed until the online registration form is complete and the registration fee is processed.
- The annual Registration Fee is $25.00 per student or $45.00 per family. This fee is non-refundable and cannot be transferred from year to year.
- For MDCKIDS classes, registration is by age. Parents will be prompted to select a class when they complete the online registration.
- Age is determined by how old the student will be as of September 1st.
- For Academy classes, registration is by level and a placement evaluation must be completed before a dancer can be placed in class. Parents are not required to select their student’s classes to complete registration.
- MDCP reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient registration. If a class is cancelled for this reason, you will be granted a full refund of the registration fee if new class placement is not available.
To view our tuition rates for the 2018-2019 season, please click here.
- Tuition rates are calculated based on 36 weeks of instruction and include time off for the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year holidays.
- Tuition payments are due by the 1st of each month and can be made online through automatic e-payment, through the MDCP Parent Portal, or at the studio with cash or check made payable to MDCP. You have the option to select your membership type (Auto-pay or Self-pay) during the registration process.
- For accounts not paid by the 5th of the month, a $15 late fee will be applied to the amount owed. If payment is not received by the 10th of the month, the student will not be permitted to take class and will be counted as absent.
- Tuition payments are non-refundable. A student’s account may be put on hold in the event of an injury or extended illness, provided that proper documentation from a medical professional is submitted.
- There are NO refunds for missed classes including classes missed for bad weather. If MDCP cancels a class, it will be rescheduled.
- Tuition will only be pro-rated if a student is registering late.
After a student is enrolled in a class, he or she may add or drop a class by completing an Add/Drop Form at the Front Desk. Accounts remain open and current tuition is billed to the account until the Add/Drop Form is turned in. In order for a class to be dropped and tuition not billed to the account, forms must be turned in to the Front Desk by the 30th of the month prior to the scheduled drop. For example, if you wish to drop the class for December, your form must be returned by November 30th.
Attendance and Class Make-up Policy:
- Regular attendance in class is imperative for a student to progress and get the most out of each class session. Dancers who miss more than three (3) classes and/or rehearsals may not be permitted to participate in the Spring Showcase. Dancers who miss four (4) or more weeks of class may be dismissed from the program without refund or credit.
- Should your child need to miss class for any reason, we ask that you email the class instructor in advance. You may also call the studio or complete an Absence Form online.
- Dancers who miss class are encouraged to make up that class within thirty (30) days. Please see the office for make-up class placement.
Holidays, inclement weather, class cancellations and instructor substitutes:
For the following dates, we will not follow our normal enrollment class schedule:
Thanksgiving: November 22-24, 2018
Christmas/New Year: December 24, 2018 – January 1, 2019
Memorial Day: May 27, 2019
In the event of inclement weather, we will use our discretion to determine whether or not to hold classes. In the event of a class cancellation, we will post on our Facebook and Instagram accounts and will send an email notification to all parents by 2:30 p.m.
If class is cancelled for any other reason, we will notify parents as soon as possible and will reschedule the class. Students will not be notified if the instructor for class changes, which may happen on occasion throughout the year.
The Spring Studio Showcase is held in May and is an opportunity for our students to show off what they’ve learned all year. The showcase date will be provided at the start of the Fall session; the dress rehearsal schedule will be provided as we get closer to the spring. There is a $25.00 Showcase Performance Fee per dancer (or $45.00 per family) that is due February 1, 2019. This fee is non-refundable if the student drops from the program after February 1st. Showcase tickets are sold online in the spring and are $15.00.
A dance costume will be worn for each showcase piece. As a studio, we do our best to select costumes that are versatile, comfortable and affordable. Costume prices range from $40.00-$80.00 per costume (Company costumes may be more expensive) and additional items such as tights and shoes may need to be purchased. Dancers will be measured at the studio in October and costumes will be ordered in November. Costume fees are due in full by November 1st. Costume fees not paid by November 10th will incur a $20.00 late fee. Costume Fee is non-refundable after November 30, 2018.
There are large observation windows in each of our studios and parents are welcome to observe classes through the observation windows throughout the year. In-class observation is not permitted and parents and other guests should not distract students through the windows. If the instructor chooses, he or she may close the blinds in the studio.
Use of the lobbies and common areas:
Parents are welcome to use the lobby areas at the studio, but we ask that you limit the number of guests and help us maintain a neat and tidy area by keeping your personal belongings organized. Parents and other guests should be courteous of all others at the studio at all times.
Lost and Found:
MDCP is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We recommend that all dancers label their shoes, bags and any other personal items before coming to the studio. Dancers should also keep their things neat and organized while they are in class. Should you lose an item, please check the Lost and Found bin behind the vending machine on the first floor. If you lose something, check the bin as soon as possible. We donate all items left behind each month.
We take pride in providing clear and consistent communication with our students and their families. All notices will be communicated through email and handouts sent home with students. We will also post important messages, deadlines and dates in the Announcement center of the Parent Portal. It is the parent’s responsibility to check email and the Parent Portal regularly. Please notify the Front Desk in writing if your email address, phone number or mailing address changes.
No drama policy:
It’s simple… we don’t do it. Dance studio politics and drama will not be tolerated at Millennium Pittsburgh. This includes gossip, talking negatively about a parent, student, instructor or staff member (both here at MDCP or at any other studio… in the world), and using social media to bully or intimidate any other person. Students and parents who do not follow this policy will not be permitted to continue in our enrollment programs or attend other drop-in classes.