Millennium Dance Complex Pittsburgh, in partnership with RAE Productions, is excited to provide several unique performance opportunities for dancers to represent our city at performances and competitions throughout the United States each year. Auditions for these performances are open to ALL dancers who meet the age and ability requirements.
During our 2015-2016 season, our dancers were seen at Choreographer’s Carnival Los Angeles, The Millennium Experience: Los Angeles Showcase, World of Dance Chicago, Ascendance Pittsburgh, and the halftime performance at the Harlem Globetrotters game.
Posted below are the dates and details for auditions and performances for the 2016-2017 season. Please call 412-315-7900 for more info!
Thank you to all the dancers who came out to audition for World of Dance Chicago and congratulations to our 2016 team:
To learn more about World of Dance or for more information regarding the competition in Chicago, please visit the WOD website here.
Millennium PGH is seeking hip hop and jazz funk dancers to represent Millennium Pittsburgh at the Harlem Globetrotters halftime performance this December. At the audition, please be prepared to learn a hip hop/jazz funk combination. Come dressed to impress!
Audition Date: Sunday, November 20, 2016; 6-7pm
Audition Materials: None required
Age Requirement: 10 and up
Sunday, 11/20 – 7:30-9:30 p.m.
Sunday, 12/11 – 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Sunday, 12/18 – 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Monday, 12/26 – 5:30-6:00 p.m.
Performance Date: Monday, December 26, 2016 @ 7 p.m. — Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh
REQUIREMENTS IF SELECTED TO PERFORM:
- Dancers will be required to submit a $10 performance fee (due at 1st rehearsal on 11/20) — CASH OR CHECK ONLY
- Dancers must be able to attend all scheduled rehearsals — any conflicts must be provided at the time of the audition
- Dancers are required to sell 5 tickets to the game — a ticket order form will be provided by the studio
- Dancers must take 3 hip hop or jazz funk classes at MDCP between 11/21 & 12/22
Join us on February 26th for a day of dance and choreography… all created, staged and directed by local students! We are excited to partner with RAE Productions to present an opportunity for student choreographers, ages 16-21, to develop their creative skills and showcase their work in a professional setting. Choreographers for the show will have the opportunity to create, cast their pieces, set all rehearsals, develop costume and staging concept, and bring their vision to life under the guidance of our production staff.
Choreography submissions are due November 30, 2016 and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Student Choreography Submission by [choreographer’s name]”. We are seeking soloists, duets, trios and small groups (no larger than 8 dancers per piece).
Submissions must include the following for consideration:
- A video featuring a minimum of one minute of choreography with the cast of dancers who will be performing the piece (choreographers are responsible for selecting their own dancers).
- A cut musical track — all music must be age appropriate and free of profanity.
- A brief description of the concept for your piece, including any specific staging and lighting ideas and costuming.
- Pieces can include no more than 8 dancers.
- Pieces can be no longer than 3 minutes.
- Choreographers may submit more than one piece.
- Choreographers must be between the ages of 16 and 21; dancers performing in the show must be at least 10 years of age.
Choreographers will hold rehearsals on their own time and at a location of their choice. Space at Millennium PGH is available if needed and can be booked through our Studio Manager. The sessions below are the only required rehearsal times for choreographers and dancers:
Sunday, February 19th; 6:30-9:30 p.m. — Full dress rehearsal at Millennium PGH
Sunday, February 26th; 8 a.m. – show time — Tech and dress rehearsal at theater
More information regarding show times and tickets will be available soon!
We look forward to viewing your submissions!
Auditions for LA Dance Week 2017 will be held in the spring. More details coming soon!
Our annual dance and choreography showcase is moving to the fall! Auditions will be held at the beginning of Summer 2017 and weekly rehearsals will be held June through August. Information regarding choreography submissions will be provided in the spring. Stay tuned for more details!