MDCKIDS | Junior and Teen Recreational Dance Program
Our MDCKIDS program provide recreational dance classes for younger students, ages 2-15, who are looking to develop a foundation in dance and have a blast! These programs are part of our recreational track here at MDCP and are designed to give students exposure to different styles of dance within an hour or two of class each week. Classes will focus on helping our younger dancers develop proper technique, coordination, rhythm, and musicality in various styles of dance. Dancers in the program will also learn choreography throughout the year that they will perform in an end-of-the-year studio showcase.
SAVE THE DATE! This year’s showcase will be held on Sunday, May 6, 2018 at Shady Side Academy in Fox Chapel.
- Positive atmosphere that fosters personal growth among our students
- Opportunities for students to develop skills in a team setting
- Manageable time commitment
- Affordable tuition and costume fees
- Highly skilled staff and instructors to make the year both educational and enjoyable!
To learn more about our class schedule, age requirements and tuition rates, please see the table below (please note that the schedule is subject to change and classes may be combined due to enrollment). Also, tuition discounts apply to students who enroll in multiple classes and/or families who enroll multiple students. These discounts will be applied after online registration is complete.
To enroll your child, please click “Register” next to the class you wish to sign up for. If you would like to enroll in multiple classes, you will have the option to choose additional classes during Online Registration. Please note that online registration requires a valid email address and credit card.
Still have some questions? Call the studio at 412-315-7900 between 4-10 p.m. M-F.
Class Schedule | Fall-Spring 2017-2018
Junior Program Tuition:
One 30-minute class – $44.00/month
Two 30-minute classes – $60.00/month
One 45-minute class – $52.00/month
Two 45-minute classes – $99.00/month
- A valid credit card will be required to complete your online registration. Once your registration has been reviewed, the $25.00 (or $45.00 per family) registration fee will be charged to the card provided. This fee is non-refundable.
- MDCP reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient registration. If a class is cancelled for this reason, you will be granted a full refund of the registration fee.
- Tuition payments are due by the 15th of each month and can be made online through automatic billing e-payment, through the MDCP Parent Portal, or at the studio with cash or check made payable to MDCP. A $10 late fee will be applied to any payment received after the 15th of the month. If payment is not received by the 20th of the month, the student will not be permitted to take class and will be counted as absent.
- In order to ensure a quality training experience for your child, we take attendance in class seriously. Dancers who miss more than three (3) classes may not be permitted to participate in the Spring Showcase. Dancers who miss four (4) or more weeks of class may be dismissed from the program without refund or account credit.
- Parents must check students in at the Front Desk prior to each class to avoid being marked absent. For younger students, a parent or guardian must remain at the studio for the duration of the class time.
- Parents are not permitted inside the studio during classes.
- Scheduled instructors are subject to change without notice.
- In the event of a class cancellation due to weather, you will be notified via email. A makeup class will be scheduled.
For additional program policies and information, please continue to complete the Online Registration.
- Creative Movement: This class is all about getting our tiny dancers moving and grooving, so we recommend clothing that will let them move safely and comfortably. For girls, a leotard and skirt or shorts is acceptable and for boys, athletic shorts or pants and a t-shirt. Shoes are not required and students may take this class barefoot or in socks.
- Ballet/Jazz: Girls should wear black or pink leotards, pink tights, and ballet slippers; hair must be pulled back and out of the face; a ballet skirt may also be worn; Boys should wear black gym shorts, a white t-shirt and ballet shoes
- Hip Hop: Girls and boys should wear comfortable clothing that allows the dancer to move freely; CLEAN, DRY sneakers or other supportive footwear must also be worn during class (street shoes are not permitted inside the studio)
If you need to purchase dance shoes or other required items, please see the Front Desk for suggested retailers.