MDCKIDS Summer Dance Session: June 12-July 31, 2018
Join us this summer for open dance classes for all students, ages 2-12! Our MDCKIDS Summer Dance classes are designed to help our students develop their dance technique, rhythm, musicality, and coordination, as well as social and teamwork skills. With no performance requirement, students can focus on learning and having fun in a supportive and creative environment that will challenge and inspire young artists. The MDCKIDS classes are open to students with or without dance experience and are offered by age and style. Students may enroll in the full 8-week summer session or they can drop-in to class at their convenience. Please see below for program dates and pricing.
SUMMER SESSION CLASS SCHEDULE:
Tuesdays (June 12th through July 31st)
4:30-5:00 Dance With Me Parent and Tot Class (ages 18 mo. to 2 years)
5:00-5:30 Creative Movement (ages 3-4)
5:30-6:15 Ballet (ages 5-7)
5:30-6:15 Hip Hop (ages 8-12)
6:15-7:00 Ballet (ages 8-12)
6:15-7:00 Hip Hop (ages 5-7)
SUMMER SESSION CLASS PRICING:
8-Week Creative Movement or Dance With Me Session (1 class/wk): $70.00
8-Week Ballet or Hip Hop Session (1 class/wk): $88.00
8-Week Ballet and Hip Hop Session (2 classes/wk): $160.00
Single Class: $15.00
Full payment is due at time of first class. Refunds and/or credits will not be given for missed classes.
To register, please click below then change the date in the white box to June 12th. You can then choose the class or classes you wish to sign up for. You may also register by calling 412-315-7900, Monday through Friday between 4 and 9 p.m.
Please note that class schedule is subject to change based on enrollment.
MDCKIDS Showcase Dance Program: September 2018-May 2019
Our MDCKIDS program provide recreational dance classes for younger students, ages 2-15, who are looking to develop a foundation in dance and have a blast! These programs are part of our recreational track here at MDCP and are designed to give students exposure to different styles of dance within an hour or two of class each week. Classes will focus on helping our younger dancers develop proper technique, coordination, rhythm, and musicality in various styles of dance. Dancers in the program will also learn choreography throughout the year that they will perform in an end-of-the-year studio showcase. This year, our Spring Showcase will be held on Sunday, May 6th at the Hillman Center for the Performing Arts. Purchase your tickets here!
- Positive atmosphere that fosters personal growth among our students
- Opportunities for students to develop skills in a team setting
- Manageable time commitment
- Affordable tuition and costume fees
- Highly skilled staff and instructors to make the year both educational and enjoyable.
Have some questions? Please call the studio at 412-315-7900 between 4:00 and 9:00 p.m., M-F, and a studio representative will be happy to help!
Class Schedule: Fall-Spring 2018-2019 – Coming Soon! Schedule below is for 2018 season.
- A valid credit card will be required to complete your online registration. Once your registration has been reviewed, the $25.00 (or $45.00 per family) registration fee will be charged to the card provided. This fee is non-refundable.
- MDCP reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient registration. If a class is cancelled for this reason, you will be granted a full refund of the registration fee if new class placement is not available.
- Tuition payments are due by the 15th of each month and can be made online through automatic billing e-payment, through the MDCP Parent Portal, or at the studio with cash or check made payable to MDCP. A $10 late fee will be applied to any payment received after the 15th of the month. If payment is not received by the 20th of the month, the student will not be permitted to take class and will be counted as absent.
- In order to ensure a quality training experience for your child, we take attendance in class seriously. Dancers who miss more than three (3) classes may not be permitted to participate in the Spring Showcase. Dancers who miss four (4) or more weeks of class may be dismissed from the program without refund or account credit.
- Parents must check students in at the Front Desk prior to each class to avoid being marked absent. For younger students, a parent or guardian must remain at the studio for the duration of the class time.
- Parents are not permitted inside the studio during classes.
- Scheduled instructors are subject to change without notice.
- In the event of a class cancellation due to weather, you will be notified via email. A makeup class will be scheduled.
For additional program policies and information, please continue to complete the Online Registration.
- Creative Movement: This class is all about getting our tiny dancers moving and grooving, so we recommend clothing that will let them move safely and comfortably. For girls, a leotard and skirt or shorts is acceptable and for boys, athletic shorts or pants and a t-shirt. Shoes are not required and students may take this class barefoot or in socks.
- Ballet/Jazz: Girls should wear black or pink leotards, pink tights, and ballet slippers; hair must be pulled back and out of the face; a ballet skirt may also be worn; Boys should wear black gym shorts, a white t-shirt and ballet shoes
- Hip Hop: Girls and boys should wear comfortable clothing that allows the dancer to move freely; CLEAN, DRY sneakers or other supportive footwear must also be worn during class (street shoes are not permitted inside the studio)
If you need to purchase dance shoes or other required items, please see the Front Desk for suggested retailers.