MDCKIDS & MDCTEENS
Our MDCKIDS and MDCTEENS provide recreational dance classes for younger students, ages 5-15, who are looking to learn dance and have a blast! The MDCKIDS and MDCTEENS Program is broken into two sessions: Summer and Fall through Spring. For both sessions, technique classes are offered in ballet, jazz and hip hop and students can choose to take one, two or three styles of dance. During the Fall/Spring session, dancers will also learn routines for an end-of-the-year Class Showcase performance. Classes associated with the program are enrollment only; during the summer months, a drop-in rate for each class will also be available. Please call 412-315-7900 to enroll your child or teen for the upcoming session or to get more information!
SUMMER CLASSES START THE WEEK OF JUNE 5TH! See below for the class schedule or to complete your online registration!
Summer 2017 Class Schedule
(Classes are drop-in or by enrollment)
6:30-7:30 p.m. | Teen Hip Hop (ages 13-15)
7:30-8:30 p.m. | Teen Contemporary (13-15)
5:45-6:30 p.m. | JR Ballet (ages 5-7)
6:30-7:15 p.m. | JR Ballet (ages 8-12)
6:30-7:30 p.m. | JR/Teen All Boys Hip Hop (ages 8-13)
5:45-6:30 p.m. | JR Hip Hop (ages 5-7)
6:30-7:15 p.m. | JR Hip Hop (ages 8-12)
JR/Teen Hip Hop Class (ages 8-13)
JR/Teen Lyrical (ages 8-13)
Program Policies (For Fall and Spring Sessions):
- Parents must sign dancers into class at the Front Desk each week. Failure to do so may result in the student being marked as absent for that week.
- Dancers will be given up to three (3) absences per session. More than three absences may result in removal from the studio showcase.
- Students will be accepted into class up to ten (10) minutes after the scheduled start time. Students who arrive later than 10 minutes may not be permitted to take class that week.
- Parents are not permitted inside the studio while class is in session. There are, however, observation windows that allow parents to view class.
- Scheduled instructors are subject to change without notice.
- Students are placed in classes based on age, not ability level.
- Food and drink (except water) are not permitted inside the studio.
- Ballet: Girls should wear black leotards, pink tights, and ballet slippers; hair must be pulled back and out of the face; Boys should wear black gym shorts, a white t-shirt and ballet shoes
- Hip Hop: Girls and boys should wear comfortable clothing that allows the dancer to move freely; CLEAN, DRY sneakers or other supportive footwear must also be worn during class (street shoes are not permitted inside the studio)
If you need to purchase dance shoes or other required items, please ask at the Front Desk for recommended retailers.
MDCKIDS + MDCTEENS Tuition