MDCKIDS Junior Dance Program
Calling all kids! MDCKIDS is a recreational dance program for younger students, ages 5-12, who are looking to learn dance and have a blast! The MDCKIDS Program is broken into three sessions: Summer, Fall and Spring. Technique classes are offered in ballet and hip hop and students can choose to take one or both styles of dance. During the Fall and Spring sessions, dancers will also learn routines for an end-of-the-year Class Showcase performance. Classes associated with the MDCKIDS program are enrollment only; during the summer months, a drop-in rate for each class will also be available. Please call 412-315-7900 to enroll your child for the upcoming season or to get more information!
SUMMER CLASSES START THE WEEK IF JUNE 5TH! STAY TUNED FOR JR CLASS TIMES!
5:30-6:30 pm | Ballet (ages 5-6)
6:30-7:30 pm | Ballet (ages 7-9)
7:30-8:30 pm | Ballet (ages 10-12)
5:30-6:30 | Hip Hop (ages 5-6)
6:30-7:30 pm | Hip Hop (ages 7-9)
7:30-8:30 pm | Hip Hop (ages 10-12)
JR/Teen Hip Hop Drop-In Class (ages 8-13) | Time TBD
NUMBER OF CLASSES
1 class per week
2 classes per week
3 classes per week
Tuition payments for each session will be made in equal installments depending on the length of the session. Payments can be made via cash, check or major credit card. Parents also have the option to set up convenient automatic payments. First payment is due on the first day of the class session.
For drop-in classes over the summer, each class is $15.
Program Policies (For Fall and Spring Sessions):
- Parents must sign dancers into class at the Front Desk each week. Failure to do so may result in the student being marked as absent for that week.
- Dancers will be given up to three (3) absences per session. More than three absences may result in removal from the studio showcase.
- Students will be accepted into class up to ten (10) minutes after the scheduled start time. Students who arrive later than 10 minutes may not be permitted to take class that week.
- Parents are not permitted inside the studio while class is in session. There are, however, observation windows that allow parents to view class.
- Scheduled instructors are subject to change without notice.
- Students are placed in classes based on age, not ability level.
- Food and drink (except water) are not permitted inside the studio.
- Ballet: Girls should wear black leotards, pink tights, and ballet slippers; hair must be pulled back and out of the face; Boys should wear black gym shorts, a white t-shirt and ballet shoes
- Hip Hop: Girls and boys should wear comfortable clothing that allows the dancer to move freely; CLEAN, DRY sneakers or other supportive footwear must also be worn during class (street shoes are not permitted inside the studio)
If you need to purchase dance shoes or other required items, please ask at the Front Desk for recommended retailers.